Next Saturday! Spring cleaning will be taking place at the Edgewater Animal Shelter, they will be closed for the day. Volunteers are needed and supplies! If you can help they need:
Large trash bags
Small trash bags
Magic erase pads
Professional mop buckets
Donations of any kind are always welcome!
As of 12/31/2015, Volusia Society for Aid to Animals’ contract with the Edgewater Animal Shelter was terminated. In an effort to clear up any misconceptions on what is happening with the shelter here are the facts:
- VSAA was the monetary sponsor for the shelter, that relationship has ended. They are seeking a new non-profit to provide financial support, In the meantime, a private company has taken over
- The City of Edgewater is not taking back the shelter, it will still be privately managed
- It will remain at the current location 605 Mango Tree Drive, Edgewater, FL
- All the animals are still there and awaiting adoption
- The hours are the same, and they are planning on expanding the veterinary hours.
- They will continue to be a “low kill” shelter, they only euthanize animals in extreme circumstances
If you feel so inclined they could use some things. They are in desperate need of Clay and Scoopable Cat Litter. They always need cat and dog food, both dry and wet. They are open today until 4:00 pm.
If you have questions you an reach them at:
605 Mango Tree Drive
Edgewater, Fl 32141
Thank you and please adopt whenever possible!